The effort put into repairing and cleaning your property is likely to be returned in a fast sale at an attractive price. As buyers approach your property the first time, impressions are formed quickly.
- Paint house – this can do more for sales appeal than any other factor.
- Yard – Remove all toys, garbage, garden tools and other items from view.
- Mow lawn and keep edged.
- Close garage doors.
- Put colorful flowers in front of house.
Often, while waiting to be let in, the first thing a buyer looks at closely is the front door.
- Put new paint on the front door.
- Buy a new door mat.
- Buyers take a close look at the basement of a home. They will look for bad wiring, leaky pipes and signs of decay.
- Clean out basement and dispose of everything you are not going to move.
- Ensure that there is plenty of lighting.
- Sweep or vacuum floor.
- Stack items neatly against walls.
The kitchen is often the most important room in the house. Make it bright and attractive.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the table.
- Replace curtains or clean existing ones.
- Remove appliances from counters.
- Create a pleasant fragrance in the kitchen (i.e. vanilla, cinnamon).
It is important that bathrooms are clean, bright and smell fresh.
- Install a new shower curtain and replace worn throw rugs.
- Polish all fixtures.
- Open windows.
- Hang bright, fresh towels.
- Remove stains from toilets and bathtubs.
- Use air freshener.
- Display colorful soaps.
Organize living areas to look their best.
- Clean out the fireplace and place logs in it.
- Polish all woodwork.
- Put big furniture in storage so rooms are not cluttered or crowded.
We are Experts in Showcasing Homes. We can advise you on the items that will give you the biggest return. Give us a call. We will come out and give you a FREE no obligations opinion on the best way to prepare your home to sell.